All Saints’ Cathedral is the Anglican Church of Kenya. The CMS missionary Johann Ludwig Krapf (1810-1881) arrived in 1844 and established a mission station at Rabai. Bishop William Peel (1854-1916) conducted the first Anglican service in Nairobi in 1900. In 1902 the Rev. Philip Alfred Bennett (1861-1934) arrived as Chaplain. The first church was consecrated in 1904.
In July 1914 a public meeting was held to raise money for a permanent church in the centre of Nairobi; and the Foundation Stone for the Church of All Saints was laid on 3 February 1917. A year later Bishop Richard Heywood (1867-1955) dedicated the incomplete new Church. In November 1924 the Church of All Saints became the Cathedral of the Highlands. Further portions of the building were completed in 1934 and in 1952. That year All Saints Cathedral was finally consecrated by Bishop Richard Crabbe (1883-1964).
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one