The Fort Street High School was established in 1849 in the former Military Hospital, at Fort Phillip on Observatory Hill. In 1911 the original Fort Street School was split into one primary and two secondary schools at which point the Fort Street Boy’s and Girl’s High Schools were created. They amalgamated in 1975 and moved to their present site on Taverner’s Hill, Petersham.
The primary school, Fort Street Public School remained at Observatory Hill.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one