Fremantle Customs House, also known as the Old Customs House was built in 1908 to house the main branch of the Customs Department of Western Australia. It is one of only a handful of extant Customs Houses in the state, others being found in Albany, Broome, Cossack, and Geraldton. In 1986 the Fremantle Customs House was adapted to accommodate the Fremantle Arts Foundation (FAF), with the creation of eight artist’s studios. It has a carefully preserved elegant interior of pressed tin ceilings, decorative archways and wooden floorboards. The bright space offers itself as a blank canvas to purposefully enhance both intimate and larger functions.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one