Gathemann House is one of three colonial-era buildings along Independence Avenue, all of which were designed by the famous architect, Wilhelm Sander (1860-1930). It is now a gourmet restaurant with an upper-level outdoor terrace for open-air dining. The one furthest south was built in 1902 as the Kronprinz Hotel, which later joined to Gathemann House to function as a private business. Of the three buildings, the most notable is the Erkrath Building, constructed in 1910 as a private home and business.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one