The Government College University (known as GCU) is a public research university. It was established in 1861 by the British Government and opened in 1864. It was situated in the Palace of Raja Dhyan Singh Haveli in the walled city and moved three times more until reaching the present site at the junction of the Mall and the Lower Mall in 1876. It has a 176-foot clock tower.
It was affiliated with Punjab University from 1882 to 1997. In 2002 it was promoted to university status. In 2019 the GCU KSC Campus was inaugurated, named after the Kala Shah Kaku town, spread over 370 acres, and housing 25,000 students.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one