The complex at Draiba was completed in 2009 for Council meetings but was destroyed by fire ten years later. The North and South wings of the complex house the Ministry of iTaukei Affairs, Ministry of Lands and Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The Council of Chiefs was formerly the headquarters of the Bose Levu Vakaturaga, a formal gathering of Fiji’s indigenous chiefs, established by Sir Arthur Gordon in 1876. The plan was to govern the Fijians by establishing a relationship of trust with the British colonial government and the Fijians. This constitutional body functioned in a number of ways until it was disestablished in March 2012.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one