Kakrail Mosque & Tablighi Markaz
Kakrail Mosque at Hare Road is a three-storey mosque in the Kakrail neighbourhood. Located near Ramna Park, it is the centre of the Tablighi Jamaat. It seems there was a mosque here before the Tablighi Jamaat movement (a transnational Islamic movement of missionaries) relocated here from Khan Mohammad Mridha Mosque in 1952. Some say the original quite small mosque was built of tin with a small pond in front of it, by the gardeners from Ramna Park. Known as Malwali Masjid, it was established here more than 300 years ago by a member of the Nawab family of Dhaka. The present mosque was built under the supervision of the architect and engineer, Haju Abdul Muqueet (died 2020) and declared as the Kakrail Mosque.
The Mosque and the Tablighi movement are managed by a shura of seven members.
Zubair Ahmed of Noakhali was a former imam of this mosque.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one