The Noon Gun is on Signal Hill and consists of two black 18-pounder powder Dutch naval guns, which have been there since 1806 and fired alternatingly. The guns were designed by Thomas Bloomfield in 1786 and cast by Walker and co in 1794. They fire signals, the first one at this site having been on 4 August 1902. The noon guns were used to announce the arrival of a ship, but this no longer happens. Today they are fired every day at noon sharp, except on Sundays and public holidays.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one