St Joseph’s Catholic Church was built between 1990 and 1995, replacing a smaller church, built on the same site in 1983. Roman Catholicism was brought to the island by two Irish sisters, Elizabeth and Agnes Smith who married Tristan men and settled on the island in 1908. Mass is celebrated here every Sunday at 9 am. The church has a fine stained glass window in its front porch, depicting Our Lady, Star of the Sea with a Tristan long boat in full sail and a yellow-nosed albatross. The snow-capped island is in the background.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one