St Mary’s Cathedral is the Anglican cathedral of the Diocese of West Malaysia, a few minutes walk from Merdeka Square. The original church was consecrated by Bishop George Hose (1838-1922) in 1887 but by 1893 the congregation was growing and so the present site was found for a new building. It was constructed between 1894 and 1895. It was designed by A.C. Norman (1858-1924) in early English Gothic style. It contains one of the famous Willis organs, built by Sir Henry Willis (1821-1911), installed here in 1904.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one