St Mary the Virgin Anglican Church was the first church on the island. It was built under the instruction so the Revd Martin Rogers and opened in July 1923. It was renovated and extended between 1990 and 1991. It is a simple construction, built against the backdrop of great rocks. Before that religious services were held in ordinary houses, such as those of William Glass, or Captain Andrew Hagan’s, at one time the largest house on the island.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one