Surfers Paradise Rowing Club was formed in 1989 and has been at its present site, next to the Southport-Burleigh Road bridge since 1993. Mick Vievers MLA, the club’s patron, attended the sod-turning ceremony and work on the boatshed completed in 1996.The Gold Coast has a long history and fascination with rowing. The Southport School began holding regattas on the Nerang River in 1910 and many streets in Surfers Paradise are named after world famous rowers. The current club maintains a local rowing legacy founded in a boating shed on the nearby Isle of Capri which was washed away during the Boxing Day floods of 1974. They won their first Rowing Queensland Premiership in 2012.
See it on these walks
A medal was purchased for this point by: City of Gold Coast