The Susannah Place Museum at 58/64 Gloucester Street, on the Rocks, is an historic house museum, in what used to be a grocery store and workers’ cottages. The building was put up in 1844 and were lived in until 1990. So the museum shows the evolution of urban close domesticity over 160 years. At one time destined to be pulled down, it was taken over by the Historic Houses Trust of New South Wales which acquired the property as being of ‘critical significance to the State’s heritage.’ Restoration work was undertaken which included recreating a corner shop. The houses are made of colonial bond brickwork on a rock-faced sandstone site.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one