The Court House was built in 1851 to house Alderney’s Court and Gaol. The population at this time had increased with the influx of workmen needed for the construction of the Victorian fortifications. The 1861 census recorded a population of 4932. Alderney’s civil and criminal court still functions within the building.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one