A handsome quarrystone building overlooking Albert Barracks in Princes Street.The four storey building, a high-rise in its own time, was originally designed as a hotel and built on the first section sold at Auckland’s inaugural land sale in 1841. Following the purchase, architect Edward Ramsey was commissioned to rearrange the hotel’s internal rooms for use by the 120 founding members.Membership of the Northern Club attracted many leaders of the Auckland community, and the Club has played an active and sometimes pivotal role in the history of New Zealand’s largest city.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one