The Australian National Botanic Gardens were established on Clunies Ross Street in Acton in 1949, a short distance from the city centre, and contain a scientific collection of native plants from all over Australia. These are displayed to educate visitors and also for the benefit of further research, and nowhere else in the world can the diversity of Australian native plants be found in one location, a bushland setting. Some plants, threatened in the wild, are given sanctuary here. The Prince and Princess of Wales opened the visitor centre here, designed by Peter Crone, on 7 November 1985.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one