Circular Quay is a harbour at Sydney Cove. It used to be a working port and is now an international passenger shipping port with a public piazza and tourism precinct. Its native name was Warrung, meaning ‘Little Child’. The area was first occupied by the Aboriginal people for about 30,000 years. In 1788 the First Fleet landed here. Circular Quay was built between 1837 and 1844 with an artificial shoreline. Wharves were built, a Customs House, and later ferry terminals. The quay changed in 1936 when a railway viaduct was built and in 1956 the Cahill Expressway was constructed above it. Today it is a focal point for celebrations, is located between the harbour bridge and the opera house.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one