Lagos City Hall was established in 1900 and is a historical, political, and cultural landmark for metropolitan Lagos. It is the secretariat of the oldest local government in Nigeria, located within the Brazilian quarters, in the centre of the business district. It has been the doyen of Nigeria’s native or grassroots administration since 1900.
A statue of the first Mayor of Lagos stands guard outside City Hall. Abubakar Ibiyinka Olorun-Nimbe (1908–1975) was a medical doctor and politician who also represented Lagos in the Legislative Council. He was a scholar of the King’s School and is seen here looking into Holy Cross Cathedral opposite. The current church building, a French gothic style architecture, had its foundation stone laid on 6 August 1934 by Bishop Francis O’Rourke and was completed in 1939.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one