The Court of Contemplation is located at the western side of the precinct in King’s Park. It was unveiled by Lt-General Sir Charles Gairdner (1898-1983), Governor of Western Australia from 1951 to 1963, on 6 November 1955. It commemorates the conflicts in which Western Australians fell, with walls featuring the names of major battlefields. The Flame of Remembrance within the Pool of Reflection was inaugurated by the Queen on 1 April 2000 and burns continuously. It symbolises the promise of all Western Australians: “We will remember them”.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one