Customs House was built in 1774 by local architect Giuseppe Bonnici. The House has an ancient history and always played an important role to provide essential services to traders and consumers. Being one of the oldest government departments its role was to control all imports and exports of goods. This marker was also unveiled by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II in the presence of the Honourable Minister for Tourism Edward Zammit Lewis on the 28th November 2015, during her visit to Malta for the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting. The building has long been used as the gateway for dignitaries entering Malta.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one