The Colombo Dutch Museum is a museum which covers the history of the Dutch colonial rule in Sri Lanka. This large, two-storeyed building reflecting the features of a 17th century Dutch Urban house was built as his official residence by Thomas Van Rhee (1634-1701), Dutch Governor of Sri Lanka between 1692 and 1697-1697. During the British period in 1796, this building was used as an arms store of army hospital, police training centre, Pettah post office and telecommunication centre. This building was preserved by a special preservation committee with the assistance of the Netherlands government in 1977 and opened for the public as Dutch museum by the Department of National Museums. It displays over 3,000 museum objects relating to the Dutch who ruled coastal areas of Sri Lanka between 1658 and 1796.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one