Government House is a beautiful French-colonial structure dating from 1738, originally built by Mahé de La Bourdonnais (1699-1753), and added to in later years. It is one of the oldest buildings in Mauritius. In the court of honour stands a magnificent statue of Queen Victoria on a high plinth. The U-shaped building has had many French architectural influences from the time of Port Louis’s French occupation. Here the Governor’s business was conducted, and many receptions were held.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one