The Lahore High Court was established in 1882 after the East India Company defeated the Sikh Empire in 1849. From 1858 onwards Punjab was under the rule of the British Crown and by 1864 a great number of court cases led to the expansion of the judicial structure in the province. By 1884 there were four classes subordinate to the Chief Court – the Divisional Court, the Court of the District Judge, the Court of the Subordinate Judge, and the Court of Munsif.
The main buildings were constructed between 1882 and 1887. The Eastern and Western wings were added in 1923.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one