The Man o’War Steps is a heritage-listed jetty at Farm Cove Crescent. It was built in 1810. By 1850 it was being described as a stone pier in use for watering shipping anchored nearby. For 150 years the steps served as a landing and embarkation point for men of the British and Australian navies, both in peace and war. The entire precinct was destroyed when the opera house was built, but the jetty and steps survived. It was then rebuilt and reopened in 1973. It is now an embarkation point for harbour cruises.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one