Mrs Macquarie’s Chair is a bench carved out of exposed sandstone rock, located on a peninsular in the Domain, near the Royal Botanic Gardens. It was hand-carved by convicts in 1810 for Elizabeth Macquarie (1778-1835), second wife of Governor Lachlan Macquarie (1762-1824). Elizabeth Street is named after her.
This was her favourite spot to look out across the harbour and serves the same purpose today for visitors who take a moment to rest there.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one