Plantation House is the governor’s permanent residence. It was built in 1791 as the governor’s summer residence. Plantation is a composed of two storeys with seven bays and a large central projecting porch. The interior of the house is made up of grand staterooms with high ceilings. The house was dramatically extended in 1816. This converted the house into an impressive landmark that can be seen today. Tours of the staterooms are available by appointment. In addition, the worlds largest tortoise resides on the grounds and he belongs to the government of Saint Helena. The tortoise is known as Jonathan. He potentially could be the last living example of his species.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one