Royal Canadian Legion Colonel Moore Branch was first built in it’s current location in 1923, after previously having a club-room on the second floor of the Dave White store building across the street. In 1960 a fire destroyed the original building and the current structure was rebuilt on this site in 1962.During WW II there were 411 enlistments from Banff, 25 of whom were women.Philip Moore was an athlete from USA who married local Pearl Brewster in 1907. He was among the National Park’s first wardens and joined the Canadian Army during the first world war to become the Officer Commanding 1st Battalion Alberta Regiment and then after the War, made a local magistrate. Their house and artefacts is now part of the Whyte Museum on the other side of the road.The mission of The Royal Canadian Legion is “to serve veterans and their dependants, to promote Remembrance, and to act in the service of Canada and its communities.” In essence, the purposes and objectives of the Legion were born of the need to further the spirit of comradeship and mutual assistance among all who have served and to never forget the deeds of the fallen.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one