St Margaret’s Chapel is a heritage-listed timber chapel. It was built in 1877 from local pit-sawn timber and handmade nails, funded by donations from church members. The cedar altar, rails, seats and prayer desk were a gift from friends of the church in England.Originally it stood on a hill overlooking the river in Nerang Street, Nerang. But a bigger church was needed there and so it was sold to Alan and Lorraine Slade of AWB Photo and Film Company, who moved it here in 1992 and donated it to the council the following year. It now nestles amongst the spreading fig trees along the banks of the Nerang River. The chapel is non-denominational, and a popular wedding destination, was moved here from its original home in Nerang in 1992. As the new Gold Coast Cultural Precinct develops, St Margaret’s will be relocated to the precinct’s south-eastern peninsula, with views across wide water to the Surfers Paradise and Broadbeach skyline.
See it on these walks
A medal was purchased for this point by: City of Gold Coast