The National Trust Centre is on a hill at Upper Fort Street on Millers Point, overlooking the Rocks Area. It stands on Observatory Hill, which survives as a historic site, having been an important vantage point in times gone by. The first government windmill stood here between 1796 and 1802.
It has long been a focal point in the artistic life of the city.
The National Trust, founded by Annie Forsyth Wyatt (1885-1961), preserves and fosters over 300 heritage places and spaces and has a volunteer workforce of 7,000. The Australian Council of National Trusts was formed in 1965. The Trust’s Centre is now housed in the former Fort Street High School building, originally the Military Hospital, on Observatory Hill.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one