The Princess Margaret Hospital is one of two hospitals in the town. It is privately owned by BMI Healthcare and has 78 beds. Built in 1980, its glass entrance extension was completed in 1990. The site was previously a market garden. It was turned into flats, but later the developer sold the site to the hospital.
It is named after Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon (1930-2002), younger sister of Queen Elizabeth II. Both princesses knew Windsor well since their earliest days and were housed in the Castle during most of the Second World War. There they staged pantomimes. The hospital was opened by Princess Margaret on 16 April 1980.
Princess Margaret died in London, following a stroke, on 9 February 2002. Her ashes rest in the King George VI Memorial Chapel in St George’s Chapel.
Images
Medal Sponsor
A medal was purchased for this point by: GSK

Contribute an Image