King’s Road is adjacent to the Long Walk. Here there are a number of fine terraces, which originally appeared on Sheet Street and had been part of the Keppel estate. The first was York Terrace named after Frederick, Duke of York, and was constructed by Robert Tebbott and James Bedborough in about 1823. Brunswick Terrace was built in 1825 by Thomas Adams and named after Queen Caroline, wife of George IV, born a Brunswick princess. The final terrace in the King’s Road was Adelaide Terrace built in 1831, and named after Queen Adelaide, wife of William IV. The lower part of Sheet Street from Brook Street onwards was renamed the Kings Road in 1838.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one