The Royal Mews, the entrance to which can be seen behind the statue, is not open to the public. Here there is a large riding school, stables for The Queen’s horses and ponies and garage space for carriages and cars. Normally the Ascot landaus are housed here, and a number of royal cars, including the one which The Queen used to drive when at Windsor. Often these were horses ridden in The Queen’s Birthday Parade.
The Royal Mews occupies a large area of Windsor Castle, and has access to the Home Park and the Great Park beyond it. In 1839 Parliament voted £70,000 for the building of the stables. The Royal Mews has been on its present site since roughly 1846.
Images
Medal Sponsor
A medal was purchased for this point by: GSK

Contribute an Image