The Old Court Artspace. Prince Christian laid the foundation stone for the Old Court in 1905 on a site previously occupied by a row of Georgian cottages. It was completed in 1907. It first housed a police station, magistrates’ court and fire station and operated as such until 1966. The building then lay empty for several years. In 1981 it became the home of Windsor Community Arts Centre (WAC). The WAC hosted an extensive range of the arts from exhibitions to community plays, classical concerts and Rock Nights. Since 2017 the building has operated as a community arts centre.
The old police holding cells for criminals can still be seen in the basement which is open for parties.
Images
Medal Sponsor
A medal was purchased for this point by: GSK

Contribute an Image